Analytics

Blog Template

Pinterest

May 7, 2013

Off Topic Tuesday - The Winds of Change

They're roaring! But I can hear them loudest when I open my closet door.

Up until now, I've been pretty happy over the last three years to not have to change out of my pajamas if I didn't feel like it and I wasn't going anywhere. Big, soft cotton tees became my best friends, along with my favorite pair of yoga pants.

Three years, three girls, and a few pregnancy-induced body changes later, I need an entirely new wardrobe to accommodate a new job I've just been offered (Whee!). But don't worry. I won't leave you. I love to share on my blog and I love to sew and since I usually do both at night anyway, I don't suspect much of a change in that aspect of my life.

This past weekend, I went shopping with my mother-in-law. She's a shopper. I'm not. My most favorite place to shop for professional clothing is EXPRESS. I hadn't been in one since probably 2009. As soon as I walked into that store I had what I like to call EXPRESS overload. Everything looked immaculate and trendy and oh-so-fabulous. As I tried on regular length pants (way too long for this short-stuff), waist-peplum tops, and some of the flow-ier summery clothes, it all came crashing down and I realized I just can't wear the same things I could wear 3 or 4 years ago.

With this in mind, I've begun a search for trendy, professional clothes to sew for myself. I'd like to add at least one or two perfectly fitting pieces to my closet every month, which might be a pretty hefty goal at first. But I did walk out of EXPRESS, Macy's, and Target with some cute tops, pants, and even a dress and a sweater to get me started.

I plan to take a couple of Craftsy classes, maybe some private sewing classes, and from some alterations sites I've come across. If you have any suggestions for web-sites, online classes, or even cute office-appropriate outfits, I would love for you to leave a comment.

***Oh - and don't forget - tomorrow we welcome Wendy to the blog as a writer! Look for her first post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...