Analytics

Blog Template

Pinterest

May 8, 2013

Wednesday's Child - Welcome, Wendy!

I want to welcome super-talented Wendy to Sew the Line! Today is her first blog post ever, but I think you'll be happy to the variety that she'll bring to the blog. She's an avid crocheter, and dabbles in art, sewing, and lots, lots more. Welcome, Wendy!

**********************************




Welcome to “Wednesday’s Child!” Let me introduce myself. My name is Wendy.  There are several reasons I’m calling today’s blog Wednesday’s Child:  1) Obviously, it’s Wednesday. Duh. 2) I love all things baby and children. 3) I was born on a Wednesday. 4) It sounds a lot like Wendy. 5) I just like the name!  ‘Nuff said.

I am the mother of three grown children of which I am very proud and three granddaughters of which I am equally proud.  I like to spend my time crocheting whatever takes my fancy but mainly I like to crochet baby items. Especially fancy baby items. The lacier, frillier, and frou-frou, the better. My sister-in-law calls me a foo-foo girl. Guilty as charged! I like to think of it as “romantic” style. 

I taught myself to crochet when I was in my early 20’s. Whenever I went to visit a friend, inevitably someone would always have a brightly colored afghan hanging over the back of the couch. ‘Ooooh…I want one of those.’ When I would ask about the afghan I was told “My grandma made it.” Then I would find out she could make me one too, but for a price. I had no money. My husband and I barely had two nickels to rub together! So, I went to a craft store, bought a book, some hooks, and some yarn and made my own afghan. Then I made some more. I really didn’t have a lot of spare time, so it wasn’t until a few years ago I was able to pursue making more than an afghan.

Wednesdays will hopefully be spent talking about my favorite subject: crochet! If you have questions, I will do my best to answer. If I don’t know, I’ll find out. I might even talk about what else interests me such as ballet, knitting, sewing, painting, drawing, embroidery, cross stitch…dada…dada…ya…ya…ya.  I will do my best to take pictures. That being said, next week I will try to instruct you, gentle reader, on the art of crocheting pearls!


2 comments:

  1. love it wendy wednesday are my day off i'll be visiting your blog all the time now i to love anything that's frilly like you said the frillier the better

    keep up the good work
    tence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super! I'm glad it's a good day for you too! Looking forward to it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...