Analytics

Blog Template

Pinterest

May 21, 2013

Off Topic Tuesday - My New Full-Time Job

Wow! It's only Tuesday and it's already been a LOOOOOOONG week for me! I started a full-time job as a technical writer yesterday, and I have to say it's HARD to go from being a SAHM to a full-time work-away-from-home mom.

Don't get me wrong. I love being able to leave the house every day for something other than errands. I just wish, maybe, that it wasn't quite so early. I also really like the people I work with. Everyone is about my age and is super-friendly. Lots of smiles around the office! My boss is pretty awesome, too. Very easy to talk to and always happy to help me out with something.

On the flip side, it's SO HARD to leave my kids at daycare every day. I know it's only been two days, but it's really tough to come home to "I really missed you, Mommy." And there's nothing tougher than leaving my 4.5 month old. She's so smiley in the morning and I hate missing it.

I've been a SAHM since Katie was 6 months old. That was three years ago.

And dinner = nightmare! We all get home at the same time and we're all so hungry RIGHT NOW!

And I hate only getting to see them for 1.5 hours before they go to bed.

I would love to hear your comments on how you do it. Does it get easier once there's a routine? Good, fast meals?? Any advice is always welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Yaaay! Congrats again on the Job. :)
    Yeah mealtime on the weekdays is the hardest and its just the two of us, I can only imagine what it must be like with 3 little mouths to feed as well.
    We only cook on the weekends and refrigerate/freeze, and that has worked pretty well. I also prep fruits and veggies and make things like breakfast burrito's and casseroles ready to bake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love for you to share some of your pre-prep recipes with me!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...