Analytics

Blog Template

Pinterest

August 25, 2012

Sewing Organization

Recently completed project: A large hanging sewing organizer. I made it from a Butterick pattern, but it would be supremely easy to make this without one. I just happened to have the pattern on-hand and some fabric from my great Aunt Mary. I used cotton for the front, a medium weight denim for the back and the binding, and about .22 yards of clear vinyl remnant.


The original pattern was supposed to have 4 pockets spanning the width of the organizer, but I didn't have enough vinyl. The organizer was also supposed to be made to be hung by a hanger, but I was thinking that was a little tacky so I made some adjustments and put on some loops made from the leftover binding. Worked out pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...