Analytics

Blog Template

Pinterest

August 13, 2012

Organization Rules!

Yesterday, my hubs and I ventured into the girls' room to do a dresser drawer clean-out in order to cycle out and pack up clothes that don't fit anymore, and add back in clothes that do fit. While the bottom three drawers weren't  too bad, the top drawer was a mess. It's become a catch-all for hair clips, fabric headbands, lotions, hair ties, safety pins, and a diaper wipes warmer.

A while back I made a picture frame hair clip holder, which has done a pretty good job. It lives in the drawer but still managers to collect all the clips. The headbands, though, are wild and out of control. So today I was looking to get my craft on while the younger one napped and the older one watched Dora and found a tutorial from The Ribbon Retreat.

Seemed quick and easy enough and I just happened to have everything I needed, so I took care of business. Except instead of gluing and tacking and all that stuff, I just made a finished fabric sleeve and slid it up on the oatmeal cylinder. I'll probably use my glue to tack the fabric down around the edges later if sliding fabric becomes a problem. The top looked pretty boring, though, so I decided to make a fabric flower for the top. I've never made one this way, but I've seen a million tutorials for them.

Turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...