Analytics

Blog Template

Pinterest

October 24, 2011

Hair Clip Holder

So easy. So cute. I got the idea for my hair clip holder from Little Birdie Secrets, but I did mine a little differently.

I have LOTS of scrap fabric, and since the hair bow holder was for Katie, I decided to use some scraps from the crib set that I made for her. I think it turned out perfectly!!!


Like I mentioned before, I made my hairbow holder a little differently than the fabulous ladies at LBS. First, I headed over the dollar store and picked up an 8x10 document frame. And I can tell you it was darn cheap. There was no paint or finish on the wood at all and I was kind of surprised that it actually had a real piece of glass rather than a piece of thick plastic. Not that it mattered. Instead of using the glass, I decided it would be safer to use a piece of poster board cut to size, backed with the original cardboard backing. In hindsight, I would probably use a thicker piece of cardboard, or even track down a piece of plexiglass, to use since the poster board didn't really provide as much structure as I was hoping.

I covered the poster board with some of the fabric scraps left over from Katie's bedroom coordinates and used some other scraps to make the fabric flowers and the fabric ribbon (I don't really keep ribbon around so I usually just end up making whatever I need). I attached the ribbon to the covered poster board, glued the fabric flowers to the ribbon, and viola!

The only thing left to do was the paint the frame since it was just plain blonde unfinished pine. To do this, I just took some recently purchased Crayola Washable Kid's Paint (it's not the best choice, but it's non-toxic and washable and Katie painted some pictures while I painted the frame) and covered the frame in white paint. Then I used a sponge brush to add pink and purple dots.


After it was all done, I simply replaced the glass with the finished poster board and added the clips!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...