Analytics

Blog Template

Pinterest

October 24, 2011

Placemats!

The ruffly, pre-quilted kind!

My mother-in-law has decided to trust my ability to sew (even though I doubt myself sometimes), and is putting me to the test! She hasn't been happy with any of the place mats she's found or used in the past. Either they've shrunken when washed (all-cotton) or they just don't go perfectly with her decor and plates. I can understand the frustration. She's asked me to sew a total of 24 place mats from her choice of two difference pre-quilted fabrics and coordinating broadcloth (for the edging and ruffles) from Jo-Ann Fabrics. I accepted the challenge and am well on my way to a WIN!

I hemmed and hawed over how I was going to construct the place mats. And after cutting out all the quilted fabric, cutting strips of broadcloth and using my ruffle foot to make ruffles (so easy and fast - way better than ruffling by hand), I finally finished one. I think it looks great.

I only have one done, but as soon as I can finish another one or two, I'd be happy to post pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...