Analytics

Blog Template

Pinterest

August 25, 2012

A Snuggly for Baby!

Being just over halfway through my third pregnancy, I've been itching to get started with my planned baby projects. Last Saturday I picked up a set of coordinating fat quarters to make a quilt from. Normally I would just use scraps I have lying around, but I know I don't have a lot of turquoise, and that's the color I really wanted to incorporate in the new quilt.

I cut the fat quarters into squares (because I'm no quilting goddess by any means!) and stitched them up to make the front. I didn't have any backing that I wanted to use, so made yet another trip to get some fabric and came out with a super-cute frog and dragonfly print, some 6 oz. batting, and a fabulous turquoise satin binding.

For me, when it comes to quilting, simple squares and quilting along seam lines is the way to go. For this quilt I decided to shake things up and do a fun wavy pattern.


After a couple days of cutting, stitching, and quilting, it's finally all done. The fastest and most plush one I've ever made! It's so soft and comfy! Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...