Analytics

Blog Template

Pinterest

January 16, 2012

Back in the Saddle

After a short break/vacation to Fargo, North Dakota - yeah, the same place that movie was about (you HAVE to check out the Fargo-Moorhead CVB - they have the original woodchipper from the movie!)- I'm ready to get my game on. I decided I'm not going to work on the things already on my To-Do List, but thought a high chair cover would be a good next project.

Right now, we're using a Cosco Flat Fold High Chair. My biggest complaint is that it's hard to clean. In order to take the seat off to wash it, you have to unscrew at least 8 screws (and washers), remove the handles, and the first time I took it off, I had to rip some thread out of the nylon webbing so I could unbutton it. Seriously annoying. And then, after I washed it, the webbing shrank so it doesn't attach right on the back anymore. And you can't remove the crotch strap, which can get absolutely caked with nastiness, as can each and every exposed crevice on the thing (especially if you don't always use the tray).

I'm sure the package insert probably says "spot clean" or "wipe with damp cloth," but when your kid has a poop-splosion, pees, or spills milk or another stinky/sticky/greasy food or drink, the only thing you really want to do is get the dang thing clean.

So I'm going to make a cover. I'll spend some time tonight drawing up a plan of action (pattern) and figure out what kind of fabric to use. Maybe I'll test out the new camera we got for Christmas and put up a tutorial? We shall see.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...