Analytics

Blog Template

Pinterest

October 6, 2012

Lovely Liv's 18-month Dress

Featured here on our wall of art are two corduroy dresses for Little Lovely Liv's 18-month pictures! Well, one for Liv and one for Katie. Of course, I haven't quite gotten around to the pictures because it takes more than one adult to wrangle our two energetic kiddos. I made the dresses for fall pictures in our beautiful October autumn gold yard, but two days ago the wind blew so hard that all the leaves blew off the trees. And not only that, but the intent was to pair them with a nice cream colored turtleneck, which cannot be found anywhere! Ugh. You'd think I'd be able to find something on the vast Interwebz.

But you should have seen me go! I had two sewing machines and a serger threaded while working on both dresses simultaneously. Craziness! My husband laughed pretty hard when he saw me going at these dresses with two sewing machines.

The purple one is embellished with a cream and gold ribbon and a trio flower pin (which I also made for the dress). The pin can be removed from the dress for washing. The green one is embellished with a muted pink and green three dimensional embroidered and beaded iron-on applique along with the cream and gold ribbon. Both dresses also have non-functional (expensive!) buttons on the shoulder straps.

It was the first time I've worked with an iron-on applique. All I can say is that it takes a little more practice than I obviously have, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...