Analytics

Blog Template

Pinterest

September 29, 2012

My Big Plate

What else has been keeping me busy lately?

Well, I made a fabulously gorgeous quiche. Paired with blueberry pancakes, it was beyond delicious. Bacon, onion, heavy cream, and cheese. I'm drooling just writing about it.

Another project I finished was a couple of covers for the couch pillows. The pillows were originally bought from Kohl's and made with a satin back and a front with a textured velvet floral pattern. After about 4 or 5 years of having the pillows, the backing and front broke free of the serging and started to ravel. I was starting to hate them anyway.

So I decided to take on a pillow recover. I didn't figure it could be too hard, but what do I know about sewing home decor?? (Pretty close to null.) I picked up a 1/4 yard each of a nice upholstery fabric that has more color variation that the previous covers and a camel colored gabardine for the back.

I deconstructed the pillow covers and set aside the linings and invisible zippers for use in the new covers. Then I cut out the upholstery fabric and backing to 19"x19" and began pinning and constructing. It took a little longer than I anticipated and the only snafu that I ran into was closing the openings next to the zippers. But in the end, it was worth it, and I came out with some very nice pillow covers that I hope can endure the abuse of (soon-to-be) three "childebeasts." ;o)

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! Can't wait to see the pillows. I also like the sewing organizer...nice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...