Analytics

Blog Template

Pinterest

February 6, 2013

Addition Added


You may or may not have known that I was expecting in late December of 2012. On December 27th, baby Ivy Ember was born. My newest pride and joy **grin**:


And here's a picture of both of her big sisters giving her some new baby sister attention (as much as a 2 and 3 year old can give, anyway):


So....right toward the end of December, I got a bug up my butt and I started "nesting." But not in a gotta-get-the-house-cleaned-up kind of way (although there was that). My nesting consisted of hunkering down in front of my sewing machine and making some ridiculously adorable baby outfits: a dress and matching hair piece, and a ruffled petti romper and matching hair piece. Here's the dress on a hanger.


I just happened to be at the fabric store and ran across the gorgeous flowered fabric (which I used for the front of the skirt) and HAD to have it, even though it was a bit expensive! It was the inspiration for the dress and head piece. Feathers, ribbon, and fabric! I am SO IN LOVE with this dress. I made the basic pattern and added the ribbon around the waist and the bow at the neck. Once I finished the dress, I  moved on to the headband piece. I didn't get a picture of just the head piece, but it's just as fabulous as the dress! It has a clip on the back so it can be attached to different colored headbands or in different orientations.

Here's a picture of little Ivy in the dress and headband at three weeks old:
 

What a DOLL!  I know every mother thinks her babies are the cutest, but really, I'm gushing!

For the petti romper, it was really hard to figure out how big the baby would be as a newborn before she was born (duh!) so I went by a romper pattern I found on Pinterest from Frame Worthy Shot. Unfortunately, by the time I had the guts to try the outfit on the Ivy, it was too tight...or maybe I just ruffled it too tight (most likely). So I ended up cutting off the top half so it was just a petti diaper cover. Still looked freaking adorable! I made a headband clip to match this outfit, too! Blingy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...