Analytics

Blog Template

Pinterest

December 31, 2011

Christmas 2011

So I wracked my brain for ideas for all my friends and thought to myself, "I can use my sewing machine and some fun fabrics to make personalized gifts this year!" And now you can feast your eyes on these little babies!

Front/Back of an Iowa State bowl I made. I "machine embroidered" the I.

The front/back of another set of Iowa State bowls.

The front/back of a bowl I made as a housewarming/Xmas gift to match a friend's living room decor. This is the first time I've worked with a striped pattern. Turned out very nice!

I'm not a Hawkeye girl, but a good friend of mine is. Here's the front/back. I cut out and satin stitched each piece of the mascot to the bottom of the bowl. Tedious, but worth it! This turned out *almost* perfectly!

A quilted table runner made from the scraps left over from the previously posted blue place mat project. I decided to forego the ruffles and just close up the edges with a simple binding.

Hope you enjoyed seeing these as much as I enjoyed engineering them!

2 comments:

  1. The table runner is very pretty! I love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Mel did you always know how to sew like this? How long did it take to learn?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...